Friday, October 4, 2013

Denver Diaries

The last 48 hours was spent in Denver. Arriving to 80 degree weather, it was pleasant and as I got to downtown Denver, I soon found out it was a very arty city. I was to be playing at the Denver Performing arts Complex and littered around the city were larger-than-life sized sculptures! So cool!

Dining at fabulous places like Mizuna (French-Mediterranean cuisine), The Market (breakfast, fab coffee, pastries and gluten free friendly to my excitement), and Jing (Asian-Japanese cuisine - make sure you try the Buddha bud! A sechuan flower to spruce all senses) ... I was definitely taken care of beyond what I could have asked for. I can highly recommend all of those places. 

The performance itself was divine and received incredibly well which is always a nice feeling especially in a city debut. I met so many lovely people, full of wisdom and one of my favorite things is hearing what others have to say. Some had done their research and were curious as to what genre I was going to play that night. Of course, it was everything from my foundations of classical piano to what I'm developing now which is the classical crossover to bridge the disconnection between the youth and classical music. 

I wish I had more time to explore the city more and visit the incredible architecturally fascinating art museum. 

I did visit Idaho Springs, Georgetown and got to see snow today! Weather forecasts had said flurries and lows of -1 degrees Celsius which I was truly afraid of but mentally prepared ... It didn't snow downtown at 10:30am when I excited the Marriott but as we drove south, I started seeing white roofs ... They weren't white tiles... It was snow! As the day went by, flurries turned into full blown snow falling by the time I got to the Red Rock amphitheater. Unfortunately it was closed for a rehearsal as a band called Lotus was performing that night. It was truly snowing by then!!! 

Now at Denver International airport, I get ready to head to Sacramento, another new city for me! 

From the various conversations I had in the last 48 hours, one rang through loud and clear. You can make it happen, watch it happen or wonder what happened. I'm definitely down for making it happen. 

Living and speaking out my dreams everyday. I hope you are too!
With love and grace, 
Van-Anh

AND FOR THE RIGHT NOWS:

Fav food: salted caramel mocha
Reading: David & Goliath - Malcolm Gladwell
Wishlist: Kate Spade popcorn bag
Current city: Denver, Colorado
Listening to: David Phelps, Call You Mine
Fav clothing item: Kenneth Cole loafers
Next destination: Sacramento, California (yes, the capital of California apparently!)
Missing: boba tea .... yes, way to epitomise my asianess but the newyorker from tra teahouse is DELISH!!!

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger