Monday, June 13, 2011

be happy!

I like to think that I'm an optimist and see the glass as half full; to see the upside to every situation; to laugh off any unfortunate events that occur to me and say everything happens for a reason. But sometimes, you feel SO frickin' down and feel like you've hit an all time low. You ask yourself WHY this has happened to me? Me out of all people? I know the feeling, we've all been there but watching the news this morning as well as a few other things recently, I am assured once again there are MUCH MUCH worse things that could happen to me.

Just look at the earthquakes in New Zealand, not once, not twice but last night shaken by a 3rd quake, the aftermath of February! Then Japan - over the weekend was the 3 month anniversary for their horrific tsunami and earthquake disaster - over 91,000 people declared homeless and anyone still missing was declared dead. To lose your home, to not know where you're going to go next, to live in a built up shelter, I should just be thankful that I have a warm home and comfortable life. You always seem to want more and more and more, when is it enough? When do you stop?

Then there was the beautiful clip of Sung-Bong singing in his audition for Korea's Got Talent. An orphan as a child and running away from his orphanage.... just watch the clip and it will tell all. The purity in his voice and the fact that he is seemingly content is just absolutely inspiring for me.

It makes me so thankful for everything that I already have and if I ever feel crappy at all, just think of all these people! I know each circumstance is different but pick yourself up, have faith, believe and all will be right in the end. Love as though you've never been hurt before and give, just GIVE and things will come back to you in ways you would never believe possible <3
Love and grace,
Van-Anh
Fav food: tomyum soup

Reading: Setting Yourself Free, Shirley Smith


Wishlist: Eva Mendes' dress that she wore to the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball


Current city: Sydney


Listening to: Frank Ocean


Fav clothing item: Witchery Shrug . oh so frickin warm!


Next destination: HCMC, Vietnam.


Missing: my best friend.

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger