Monday, June 20, 2011

Psssssttt...... Gossip Couture!

Pssst ... have you heard the latest rumour? Gossip Gossip Gossip is what women do best. But when it's Gossip and it's in reference to beautiful garments, NOW we're talking! Sick and tired of the brainless mass-produced clothes in malls and everyone looking like everyone else, I've gone rogue ... ha! My love for clothes has not and will never cease so i'm continually on the hunt for new pieces.... so coming across Gossip Couture on FashionTV one night, I set out to find this amazing gems and the brains behind it.

Over the weekend, I had the lovely honour of meeting Mauricio, designer and founder of Gossip Couture. It's not often that you meet a designer who is not aloof, OTT with the hand-movements and flamboyant in character. Mauricio is so down to earth! Costa Rica born and with background in dance and choreography, I asked how Mauricio ventured into fashion. "I come from a family of tailors, a private business we had back at home. I was making 3 costume sets (formalwear, national costume and swimsuit) for each Miss Universe on paddle-pop sticks and we would pretend to put them down the runway and the family would gather to be the judges". I couldn't contain my giggles! "And how old were you?" I asked bemused. "Like 5 or 6" he said. How funny is that? Of course the Costa-Ricans are crazy about Miss Universe because they always win and are always the most beautiful in the contest :)

How would I describe the clothes of Gossip Couture? Well for me, the couture pieces are down-right couture but what wins me over is the flattering cut (not to mention size 8 being proper size 8s and not giNORmous Aussie size 8s!), their custom prints, versatility in each piece and their high-waisted pieces.

Clothes should be FUN to wear, and Mauricio has nailed that one on the head. I played dress-ups all afternoon and was in heaven with the beautiful evening couture pieces through to the denim collection over to the fun resortwear-style garments. One piece after the next, I played with the fabrics, the high-waisted cuts of the shorts and skirts. Each dress was flattering on the figure and that rumour about denim on denim being the trend for next season working (in my mind, i was about to vomit!), well it DOES work!! At least it works with the Gossip pieces :)

Just check this denim jacket of Gossip Couture!

Love love love! AND, the sleeves can roll in reverse so you see the cute strip lining or just complete denim!

And not only is Mauricio an amazing designer with the next collection launching this September inspired by the 1940s, he has a heart. The moment I mentioned a few charities I was involved with, he immediately donated a dress for auction. That's what I'm talking about!

My favourite pieces to date (and i've sneakily added quite a number to my wardrobe) are:

1. Uma Long Dress (i'll be strutting this to the next charity event!)

2. Leather Shorts (so versatile! Works for both winter and summer)

3. Uma Short Dress (this is the ULTIMATE LBD in my books! Swarovski encrusted and all! Chic, understated but SO statement! And i'm here with Mauricio too!!)

4. Polka Dot Rayon Tulipan Drape Shorts (with Gossip Audrey Top too!!)

5. Lola Skirt (it's like a paperbag high-waisted with leather drawstring and cutest lining!)

Check them out fashionistas! www.gossipcouture.com.au

So many other to-die for pieces!!! Thank you Mauricio! Can't wait to see your new collection :)
Love and grace,
Van-Anh xx
Fav food: Weiss mango ice-cream with macadamia chunks
Reading: Setting Yourself Free, Shirley Smith
Wishlist: anything Gossip Couture - Uma Long Dress please!! :)
Current city: Sydney
Listening to: Moby
Fav clothing item: Gossip Tulipan Shorts
Next destination: Melbourne!
Missing: pooh-bear!

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger