Wednesday, February 4, 2009

revamp time

I've finally taken the time to do a quick browse and revamp my blogspot layouts. Nothing too fancy, nothing too overtly trivial - just pianos, cupcakes and diamonds :) 3 of the most important things.... ;)

Unfortunately in the last 24 hours, I have had to visit the hospital once again after vowing not to go back there (after last year's stint...or 4 stints to the hospital). There was nothing much I could do, except get them to operate. It seems to be my constant reminder to wind down, have a bit of ME time but that doesn't seem to be possible. Hospitals are like enforced rest time for me. Sitting in emergency and waiting for like 4 hours = light reading time. Almost finished One Fifth Avenue :) I'm now back home and back to the usual workaholic state in the world of Van-Anh. Thank you to everyone and their lovely messages, support and care, especially to Alex for driving me there and back and waiting in emergency. That's what business partners are for aren't they? ;) Kidding, couldn't have done it without you and thank you for your care.

A dear friend did recall those wise wise words, health is gold. And I'd have to agree, it is. Once you run yourself down to the ground, those steps you took forward end up rewinding and you'll find yourself having to pick up those loose ends and ammending them again.

~EXPECTATIONS~
The other thing I've noticed recently has to do with expectations. I hold fairly high expectations on myself and sometimes, impose those onto others. Some may think this is unfair, but at least it means everything around me would be of a higher level wouldn't it?

~PASSION~
If anyone knows me even the slightest, they'll know the passion and the energy I'll put into everything I do. I'm close to a perfectionist and I know in this world, if things are perfect, they are wrong. So i strive to make things 'perfect'...to the point of exhaustion. That is where the fine line will lie. Finding a happy medium to create a perfect thing, yet maintain your own insanity and health.

~ME TIME~
I guess 'me' time is spent reading and writing. As arbitrary as some of this may sound, I enjoy it.

It's early so I should go back to my limbering state. 3 days of bed rest (yeah right..). Maybe I SHOULD stick to what the docs say for once, and get better!

keep smilin',
V-A

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger