Thursday, February 19, 2009

exhaustion

Not much to say except that i'm physically and mentally exhausted. Soundless sleep is something i crave a lot of the times, and i finally got it last night...due to the stresses of deadlines.

I had 2 articles due for April Issue of Fine Music Magazine and honestly, I forget how stressful the deadlines are!
I had them done but it's the whole fine-tuning and re-working and MORE re-working of the piece which drove me into the wall. They say you yourself are the hardest critique which i completely agree...that's why I drove myself crazy reading the pieces over and over.

The first was about the YouTube Symphony Orchestra and after calling everyone I possibly knew who could have entered the audition online, I was stuck with noone ... noone i knew from Australia did this audition?! How could that be when SSO apparently sent out promo for it all to the Philharmonic and SYO and Sinfonia? Oh well...I had to spin my article a different angle.
Then there was my 2nd article on dearest John Allison. This was most difficult to remove myself and not become too emotional...

It all got done and thank god for that. I love being able to put the music and writing together. It just makes the reflection process that much more enjoyable :0

Anyways, that's all from me now. Hopefully another soundless sleep is just around the corner :)
Stay smiling,
V-A

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger