Monday, December 2, 2013

Show post-mortem

Playing the piano is truly the icing on the cake. Everything else that happens behind the scenes is why you get paid. From flying to getting your body adjusted to a new time zone, from promoting your show through all avenues possible (even if it means going clubbing to meet and greet and shotting Hennessy shots) to not knowing who will actually come to your show, from drawing up a VIP list to printing name cards to personally place on seats ... The list is endless. The stresses of putting your own show on in another country is something that I would not wish upon anyone. But it happened and I couldn't have done it without a handful of people. I say a handful because there are a lot (let me stress A LOT) of talkers. Then of course, there are the doers. 

Doing such a show definitely showed who were my true friends and had my best interest at heart. It exposed those who used my name in vain, it drew me closer to the right people and sent me running the other way to those who were complete shit-talkers and used my name only to get themselves further. 

I could ellaborate but there's no need to ponder in the past. The show itself went great and musically, I was happy with the versatility that our show had. 

Orange County, you will be missed. The 24 hour Pho joints, Trà Teahouse, the various local clubs that need not be named because the locals know what I'm talking about. 

I'm ready to go home. This last stint of touring has been taxing on the body. I sure have had fun but you know it's time. 

Til next Easter, thank you OC! 
Love and grace,
Van-Anh

And for the Right nows:
Wearing: pink converse chucks, Dotti crop navy sweater, Claude maid tee, Zara denims
Favorite food: Pho at 2am at Thanh long on westminster
Wish list: a new suitcase (how I managed to break a new IT hard case bought only 6 months ago!)
Reading: where chefs really eat 
Current city: San Diego
Next destination: Phoenix Arizona 
Missing: home, that is, Sydney

 

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger