Sunday, December 8, 2013

H is for ...

Every so often, I gift myself something. Not out of shopaholic senses but because I work hard, I am married to my job - that is married to the piano, I spend more times in hotels, up in the air, on the ocean, in other countries and in airports more than I am at home. There's no need to buy souvenirs from each place (bar the token fridge magnet for the country). Rather, I pick up pieces of designer items that remind me of that place. That moment. What my state of mind was. And you know, when in doubt, I tell myself 'I deserve it'. 

I was at LAX airport yesterday with some time to kill so after scoffing down a Cali Umami burger, I roamed the airport. The usual designer stores popped up but then there was Fred Segal. Quirky, hipster, left field items. I spotted three heart pendants and one of them had the engraving of 'hot mess'. I'm not sure why i was drawn to it but I waved the shop assistant down and bought it on the spot. I soon found out that the store doesn't sell online and they pride themselves for being a SoCal based brand with the airport store being the third store out of three (the other two are down by Santa Monica and Melrose).

That was the second 'H' thing I had bought in 2 days. The first was a white sweater with H stitched on the front. Everyone I saw during those two days asked me what Harold for. 
The first word that came to mind was Happiness. 
Then i thought a little harder.
Honesty 
Health 
Hope
Heaven 
Hot
Home

So many important H words! It's all about H right now :) 

What does H stand for you?

With love and grace,
Van-Anh 

And for the Right now:
Current city: Taipei 
Next city: Saigon 
Most recent purchase: IGWT 'hot mess' hand made pendant 
Reading: 'where chefs really eat'
Wearing: Tommy Hilfiger rose tee, Tommy Hilfiger 'H' sweater, lee denims, mango bomber jacket, pink converse chucks, Tommy Hilfiger pulled-leather belt, cotton-on leopard print scarf. 
Wish list: Lassen hoodie, oh and any Toni Maticevski dress. 
Missing: home. And also the energy that only comes from connecting with a like-minded musician. It's like an oxygen boost. 


0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger