Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Recycled Fashion

Good morning!

Are You OK? Yes, it's National ARE U OK DAY! And to be honest, yesterday, i wasn't. Nothing seemed to be going right. In essence, the ARE U OK day is on a much more serious note and please get out there and ask someone you know, or even a stranger, ARE U OK? because, it's really ok not to be. 

I had a real downer of a day. I can't say it was writer's block but the sound i wanted for a particular song i was cleaning up wasn't quite right. I was struggling as my parents had just left for a one month holiday in Asia, my sister just left for a 9 month contract to teach English in the South of France via Rome (envy much?!) and I was suffering from the travel bug (not long now til Beijing and Tokyo but still!). Not just that alone, it was 28 degrees outside and I was in my studio crunching away at finding the right sounds. So, i decided a change of clothes would change my mood. And not by going shopping (which is the usual quick fix, i mean, they DO call it retail therapy right?). I've banned myself from shopping until after the CD launch concert is over. Insert RECYCLED FASHION.

Clothing is totally a reflection of you. How you feel. It can totally be a pick-me-up as well! Threw on a complete outfit change with not a spot of black and it totally changed my mindset and I was ready to go again (not to mention a snip by my amazing hairstylist Sandy Farac!).

Today, I woke up refreshed and decided on the same thing. It's Spring. Bright colours. The key rule: rummage through the wardrobe and pick something you haven't worn for ages and mix and match. There's no real reason to be 'on trend'. Just wear what makes you happy and what reflects YOU. On a side note, i found many pieces that I had totally forgotten about (and realising i don't fit other pieces because i'd put on weight = WINNING!) :) It's like shopping all over again, just in your own wardrobe :D

So, my outfit today consisted of:
Zara silk shirt, Maurie & Eve Blazer, Vintage knot necklace

The entire outfit with Maurie & Eve boyfriends blazer, Voila Watch, Zara silk shirt, vintage knot knecklace, Leonardo Salinas tailored pencil pants, Peep Toe Shoes heels, Gucci sunglasses, BLVD Collective silver handbag.
The amazing Voila 'V' Watch 

Today's look. 

Barbie-doll corporate chic.
And none of it was bought recently!

And for what's right now:

Fav food: pineapples and strawberries.

Reading: The 4 Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss (for the 2nd time)
Wishlist: oh there is SOO much! the Karla Spectic jumpsuit first and foremost, followed by Zimmermann Clique Twist Playsuit and a Unicorn onesie from animalsuit.com.au :D 
Current city: Sydney
Listening to: Hot Chip - How Do You Do (Todd Terje remix) (thanks to DJ Matt Cahill for the link! UNREAL!)
Fav clothing item: Jonak Ballet flats whilst writing music. mmmm soft leather.
Next destination: Beijing
Missing: shopping.

Happy ARE YOU OK DAY everyone :)
Love and grace,
Van-Anh
xxx

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger