Saturday, September 29, 2012

Recording the Tonalita Album

G'day everyone!
Goodness me, i feel like i've been reborn. I'd love to say I'm starting a new chapter but really, the saga continues. Having stepped out of the studio 2 days ago, I'm still feeling mentally, physically and psychologically exhausted. 

The last 2 weeks was spent between my home studio, REC Studios (the old 301, now owned by Savage Garden), in my car and my bed. All i remember doing was looking at computer screens to finalise scores for  my 9 piece orchestra, practising piano, scoffing down the odd piece of gluten-free bread or hot chips ... or if I was lucky enough, whisked away by a friend here and there for a meal forced upon me (gladly so though, otherwise i would not eat because I was so immersed in the process of finalising tracks and for many days the diet would consist of only tea, coffee, lollies and the odd muesli bar). Quick massages also made a sporadic appearance to de-stress and take away a throbbing migraine with thanks to my barista/dear friends (who knew some of these friends had such hidden talents haha).

4 days in at REC studios, 10 tracks + one bonus track, 16 people involved. 

Thank you to Victor Caringal Photography for capturing these behind-the-scenes moments (these ones are from Day 2 with more to come):















I cannot wait to get back into the cutting room to mix and master. The CD launch concert is locked in for Sunday December 2 2012 @ The Utzon Room, Sydney Opera House so please do keep that day free.

You're all in for a show and i cannot WAIT to get more details out to you all.
with much excitement, love, blood, sweat and tears,












VANANH :)

And for what's now:
Fav food: longans.
Reading: no novel at the moment but eventually, i'm sure i'll have to read 50 Shades Of Grey.



Wishlist: anything Patricia Changy right now! her robot collection is SOOOO fricken cute!



Current city: Sydney
 



Listening to: old school RnB.



Fav clothing item: All Saints dress.



Next destination: Beijing
 



Missing: my girlfriends.

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger