Thursday, June 4, 2009

column A column B

Last weekend was a fabulous weekend of roundabouts, naked trees and galleries - yes, I was in Canberra. It baffles me as to how the temperature can be so different to Sydney, yet it is only a 2 1/2 hour drive (the boys continue to convince me it is so, instead of 3-4 hours).

Performances went well, friends were made, we made sure that we were the life of the party and soaked it all up, learning the Canberrian ways.



Lesson learnt from a Canberrian: if you see a kangaroo heading towards you on the road, hit it or else you might end of severely injured or worse, dead.



FOOD
I have a mad craving for Bun Bo Hue - a vietnamese soup - spicy and warm on a rainy evening! PERFECTION!


FASHION

I am loving Juli Grbac http://www.juligrbac.com.au/ and Rachel Gilbert Sydney http://www.rachelgilbert.com/

There are such amazing Australian designers! I just can't wait to wear more of them!



MUSIC

Currently trying to gobble down Rachmaninoff-Paganini, I'm starting to find it even more beautiful than it already was in my mind.

Having said that, Schumann Fantasiestucke - gorgeous and I'll be performing that with Cellist Chris Pidcock @ our City Recital Hall Angel Place, Sydney debut! I've been lucky enough for Leonardo Salinas to design and make me a dress for the concert too!

COLUMN A, COLUMN B
Khoa Do's latest film, Missing Water is screening its World Premiere @ the Sydney State Theatre on Tuesday 9th June as part of the Sydney Film Festival. It is also part of the Official Competition, so I wish you all the best of luck Khoa! I am so proud to have worked with Khoa through the years and this is just one more thing to be proud off - another Vietnamese representative in our community!

Anyways, that is enough chit-chat from me. Hope to see some of you around. Remember to check out www.vananh.com.au and of course, Myspace (www.myspace.com/vananhnguyenmusic)

Love and light,
always Van-Anh x

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger