Thursday, August 5, 2010

deliver me ...


A lot of the times, Vietnam reminds me of America - I got take-out martinis in the states, take out noodles, but maybe Vietnam is one step better. How about home delivery KFC and Lotteria ... and of course, home delivery of clothing (not that that is any different at home where i sit awaiting my next parcel in the mail to arrive at my doorstep - the blissful life of online shopping...sigh). Home delivery of vermicelli, of Pho, of Bun Bo Hue ~ the list is endless!
Today, I got my home delivery of a top i bought online in vietnam! 
I also found out yesterday that Vietnam has a jobsearch network online. It's great to see Vietnam move forward and employers can find employees online through the usual credentials/resumes/letters.

The extremities of the rich and poor still baffles me sometimes. Yesterday, we drove past a house ... drive along this street everyday and yesterday, it was down!

right of the seamart is the fallen down house.
Just like that, it went down! Have no idea if anyone was in it, if anyone was hurt ... you can see everything around it is shut down. And today, driving past a construction site, the concept of OH&S is just non-existent. The guy working had no helmet on, and was wearing THONGS! THONGS! sigh ... And then they had a banner strung up saying 'An toan la tren het' (safety about all) ... Vietnam is progressing at an incredible rate but maybe at the expenses of cost-cutting - or lives - or maybe just out of not knowing the right way to do it. Sigh ....

On another note, FOOD. Here is the Hu Tieu place - 

Not just Hu Tieu but Mi Vit Tiem too! Yep - it's 84 Nguyen Van Lac, P.19, Q. Binh Thanh for those foodies who wanna try :)

A quick plug before i scavenge for food - Hard Rock Cafe, 39 Le Duan St, Q.1 HCMC tomorrow night, Thao Trang is performing live for the first time after her CD launch - officially launching it for the public. 200,000VND will get you entry, the album and also a bottle of Coors Light. I'll be performing as a guest - a few songs with Antoneus Maximus and Thanh Bui. It's also my last night in Saigon so I'll be sure to be partying it up so come put your dancing shoes on, have a wiggle jiggle with me!

Adios!
V-A


0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger