Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Knowing & Not Knowing.

A dear friend said to me today, 'V-A, you're addicted to drama'. Yes, the fact is true. I love drama. I'm addicted to drama. I AM drama! My life is often referred to as a soapie. So many eventful things happen and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Regardless of whether it's happy, sad, angry, blonde, silly or deep - it totally makes up the wonderful world of ME.

I love the fact of knowing, but at the same time, I love not knowing. Confusing huh? I love knowing the minute details of someone. I love doing the research to get context, get scope and pull out those random facts during interviews for them to go 'what the? where did you pull that from?' HA! i guess it's just my inner curiosity which shines through. Then, it goes and bites you in the arse. I was going to say 'you can never know too much', but I beg to differ. There are just SOME things which really should be kept to yourself. Honestly, don't broadcast it because you need to secure and reassure yourself of something. That should come from within.

Then the act of not knowing. I approach life with the utmost spontaneity and passion. I need to be constantly challenged and for that challenge to occur, not knowing what is around that next corner; leaving yourself unguarded and vulnerable for anything to come your way. Give it a try - if you don't like the taste of it, spit it out. At least you tried and you could have enjoyed it along the way :) If you didn't, it was just another lesson to add to your Life Studies 101 notebook. Live dangerously and your life will no doubt be mottled with stories.

My friend did a very insightful and humorous presentation in my Modernism & Postmodernism class today. She did a presentation on Barbie and how Barbie can support post-modernist theories. In short, it's true that Barbie is a chameleon. She can be anything you want her to be. What does she do? ADAPT! Key word boys and girls, ADAPT. Adapt to the situations around you, worldliness, recycling ideas and reverting to the past is a given - but remember that these past ideas are modified so as to be uniquely you in the society that you live in. So what is my point here? People change. Let go of the past or at least re-examine what has happened and maybe it's time to make a change.

Advice of the day: Go take a bath. It's VERY therapeutic. Then take a moment to reflect.
I think i'm getting addicted.

Stay smiling busybees,
V-A

0 comments:

 

Tickling the ivories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger